Standings question

Share advice with other fantasy league commissioners. Trade trips and tricks.

Standings question

Postby deckstev » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:27 pm

We are 12 team league, 3 divisions. We play one double header week so everyone plays everyone at least once and then six division games. First tiebreak is Head to Head for division standings. One division has team A and team B at 6-5. Team B beat Team A in head to head but is listed in second place. In other division, Team C and Team D are 8-3. Team C won head to head and is correctly placed in first. There are two other teams in the league at 6-5 and I am being told by website that standings are correct according to tiebreakers. Why would two other 6-5 teams have any bearing on tiebreakers when they aren't in the same division? I get it for if it was one whole league with no divisions, but first division tie break is head to head, other non division teams should not be factored into this? Am I missing something?
deckstev
Rookie

Re: Standings question

Postby sdkildal » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:30 am

If you go to your League Standings page, you will see at the bottom left corner a button that says Explanation of Standings "SHOW". Hit that and see what it says
sdkildal
Rookie

Postby deckstev » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:40 am

I did do that and it is comparing the four 6-5 teams or putting them through the tiebreak process as if it was one league with no divisions.
deckstev
Rookie

Postby KingPrawn » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:41 am

We've had this same problem in the past. It doesn't seem like the site is able to break ties within the division first. This is a problem for our league and I've had to go in and manually figure the standings and seed our playoffs. Perhaps there is a setting for it that I'm not aware of.

Fixing this would be a nice improvement for RTSports.
KingPrawn
Rookie

Postby StinkinRef » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:25 pm

:idea:
Last edited by StinkinRef on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StinkinRef
Rookie

Postby jeremylundy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Your Commissioner should be figuring out the playoff seeds and entering the matchups manually.
jeremylundy
Rookie

Postby bigkunk » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:30 am

If we have two teams in the same division with split head to head we go with like opponents. Our tiebreakers are set up for overall, then Division, then head to head, like opponents, then strength of schedule, then total points. This should not even be an issue decide the tiebreakers ahead of time and manually put in the playoff seating.
bigkunk
Rookie

Return to Commissioner's Corner