Tie breakers

Share advice with other fantasy league commissioners. Trade trips and tricks.

Tie breakers

Postby richcosh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:14 pm

We did not use them during the season, but one of our play off games resulted in a tie this week. How do I tell which tie breaker(s) were used to determine the winner. The software did this and I am merely looking to confirm it and explain it to the losing owner as well as the rest of the league.

Thanks!
richcosh
Rookie

Re: Tie breakers

Postby buckey » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:30 pm

If tie breakers are enabled and an owner selected a player, if you go to the scoreboard you will see a blue star next to the players name. If you have tie breaker enabled and one or both owners failed to select a player, no stars would appear. In my league if one owner fails to select and the other other selects, the owner who selected wins the tie.
buckey
Rookie

Postby jfox412 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:48 pm

Our rules are bench points in the playoffs.
jfox412
Rookie

Postby ChrisToeFer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:08 pm

richcosh wrote:We did not use them during the season, but one of our play off games resulted in a tie this week. How do I tell which tie breaker(s) were used to determine the winner. The software did this and I am merely looking to confirm it and explain it to the losing owner as well as the rest of the league.

Thanks!

rich, I'm pretty sure the software picks the higher seed if no tie-breaker is setup. Send support a note if that's not definitive enough they can look at your specific league and let you know.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby richcosh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:39 pm

Thanks for the info everyone. Chris - I sent the note, I appreciate that you guys are so responsive. Look forward to the definitive answer from the staff.
richcosh
Rookie

Postby Yuuup » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:11 pm

We use bench player points as well
Yuuup
Rookie

Return to Commissioner's Corner