Week 1 Waivers clarification

Share advice with other fantasy league commissioners. Trade trips and tricks.

Week 1 Waivers clarification

Postby Kragar » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:03 am

Hello,

I am in an RTFFC league, and I'm confused about Week 1 waivers. Rules state that there are no preseason waivers, so does that mean Week 1 waivers are after week 1 is played (like I always interpreted it to be), or is there an opportunity to get players prior to Week 1 starting? This concerns me more this time as this is my first time not drafting on Labor Day weekend.

If Week 1 waivers occur before Week 1 plays out, does that mean that the submission date is 9/6 this year (in which case it is after the season opens on 9/5), or would we submit waivers on 8/30?

Thanks! looking forward to another year here... hopefully more lucrative than the last one :)
Kragar
Rookie

Re: Week 1 Waivers clarification

Postby ChrisToeFer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:19 am

You had the right idea here:
If Week 1 waivers occur before Week 1 plays out, does that mean that the submission date is 9/6 this year (in which case it is after the season opens on 9/5)...

So there's only 1 waiver in week 1, anything you submit between now and Friday 9/6 will be run on 9/6. Every other week has waivers on Wednesday and Friday nights. Also note that players who played on Thu. night are not eligible to be picked up on Friday waivers.
ChrisToeFer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Week 1 Waivers clarification

Postby Kragar » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:16 pm

Awesome,thanks! I knew about the Thursday rule for Friday waivers, but that was why I wondered if week 1 waivers was the week before. All good, thanks for clarifying!

I always get leery drafting too early. Once had a player go down, then also lost the guy I picked up to replace him in pre-season. Didn't want to be caught short in week 1 that luck every came back to me.
Kragar
Rookie

Return to Commissioner's Corner